MS-Access Object Documenter
We normally prepare Reports on processed or raw data and take print outs to share the information with others.
But, there are times that we need details of the database Objects: Tables, Queries, and Scripts (Macros) or VB Modules and other objects. We can take detail listing of Objects, like Table Fields and their Properties, Data Types and Sizes or the Control Names on Forms/Reports and their properties, User-Level & Group-Level Permission Settings and so on.
We will take a listing of a Table with Field Names, Data Type, Size of each field and the Index information. I have used the Employees Table for our example, but you can try this with any Table in your Database. The sample listing is given below:
- Select Tools – – > Analyze – – > Documenter.
- Click on the Tables Tab.
- Put Check Mark on any of your Table.
- Click on the Options. . . Button to open the Options Dialog Control.
- Change the settings as shown above and Click OK to close it.
- Click OK on the first Dialog control to format the Listing based on the options selected and open it in Print Preview.
Note: Each type of Object has its own option settings, which produces detailed information based on their selections.