Embedded Macros in Access2007
There is only one difference between the stand alone Macros and embedded macro; they will not appear in the navigation pane under Macros Group. They are written directly on Forms/Reports or on their control's event property. When you make a copy of the Form or Report the embedded macros goes along with it.
Let us try and find out how embedded macros are created?
- Open Microsoft Access2007.
- Open a Report in Design View.
- Press F4 or Alt+Enter to display the Property Sheet of the Report.
- Click on the Event Tab of the Property Sheet.
- Click on the On Load Event Property to select it.
- Click on the Build (. . .) button at the right side of the property.
- The Macro Builder option is already in selected state, Click OK Command Button to accept it.
The Macro is open in Design View. Title bar of the macro indicates Catalog:Report:On Load (the Report Name:Object Type:Event Type) where the macro will be embedded.
- Select MsgBox Action and type my Embedded Macro in the Message Action Argument.
- Type On Load Info in the Title Argument of MsgBox Action.
- Click on the Close Toolbar button to save and close the Macro.
- Save and Close the Report.
- Right-Click on the Report in the navigation pane and select Open to open the Report in Report View. The embedded macro will run and you will see the message.
- You can modify the macro by following steps 2 to 6. You can add several actions in the Macro if needed.
User and Group Check
User-Defined Data Type
Budgeting and Control
Change Secure DB to Unsecured
Menus with Option Group Control