PERMIT TO VIEW RUN QUERY
Permit others to view or run my query but not change data or query design.
In a secure workgroup, you can assign others permission to view the data your query returns, or in the case of an action query, to run the query, even if they are otherwise restricted from viewing the query’s underlying table or query.
- Open the query in Design view. Select the query by clicking anywhere in query Design view outside the design grid and the field lists.
- Click Properties on the toolbar to display the query’s property sheet.
- Set the Run Permissions property to Owner’s.
The following are true for this setting:
- All users have the query owner’s permission to view or run the query.
- Only the query owner can save changes to the query.
- Only the query owner can change the ownership of the query.
Note: You can also set default permissions for all new queries. Click Options on Tools menu. Click the Tables/Queries tab, and then click the Run Permissions option you want to use.