CONVERT MSACCESS OLD VERSIONS
Convert a Microsoft Access 95 or 97 secured database.
When upgrading from Microsoft Access 95 or 97, you need to convert your secured database, but you don’t need to convert the Workgroup Information File to use it with Microsoft Access 2000. However, you should compact the Workgroup Information File before using it.
- Convert the secured database.
- Compact the secured database.
- Exit Microsoft Access.
- Before compacting the Workgroup Information File (typically named System.mdw) that was used with the secured database, temporarily join another Workgroup Information File.
- Start Microsoft Access without opening a database.
- Compact the Workgroup Information File that was used with the secured database.
- Tell users to join the compacted workgroup information file before opening the secured database.